Here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions - if you don't see what you are looking for here, please call us at 1-877-588-4274 and Ask Us - we are here to help you!

How do I know that General Credit Services Inc is a real company?

Super simple - you can validate that we are who we say we are by checking our license is valid with Consumer Protection BC by clicking on the link HERE.

You are calling the wrong number - how do I get you to stop?

Ooops! Sorry.....if this happens, just call us and tell us - we don't want to waste your time or ours - call 1-877-588-4274, press option #1 and then just give us your number - we will remove it from our database immediately!

I know I owe the bill, but I just don't have enough money to pay it right now... what can I do?

First of all - don't panic! We understand that sometimes things go wrong and the unexpected can happen - call us and talk to your account manager - in most cases, we already  have a solution to help you - this could be interest relief, settlement amounts less than the full balance, or payment plans that are tailored to your personal situation.

I am calling, but I cant reach anyone at your office - or I am on hold too long!

This can happen, especially during peak calling times - if you leave a voice mail, we will call you back as soon as an agent is available - or you can send us a contact request using our on-line form available HERE and tell us when and where you want us to call you.

You have put something on my credit file!? What can I do NOW?!

If an item is showing as UNPAID on your credit file - CALL US at 1-877-588-4274, and Press Option #1 to speak directly with Account Manager - we can address YOUR personal situation with you. Be sure to have the Reference Number from your credit file handy.


We are required to report most unpaid accounts to all credit reporting agencies - after a "grace period", we report them as "collection items", and will update them to show as PAID or SETTLED as soon as we receive your payment.


Updates can take up to 30 days, but if you have paid an account and require proof, we will provide you with a written receipt for your payment that you can show to a lender, or landlord to confirm that you have paid your account.

If you feel that an item was placed on your credit file in error, we will work with the credit reporting agencies to update your credit file as soon as possible.